Apr 7, 2008

Stay away from AdBrite!

Okay..I guess the first thing I need to do is to apologize to any visitors who came by and got pop-up ads and audio ads. I signed up for AdBrite advertising services and placed some code on my site. Apparently, my ad zones were set up for "full page ads" which were the pop-ups. Regarding the audio ads without the pop-ups..I have no idea how the heck that got set!

If you've been following previous posts, you'll note that this was stumping me. Anyway, I took the widgets off my site. Not only did my page no longer jump to the bottom of the page when loading, the pop-ups stopped. But..those darned audio ads continued to play.

I went to the AdBrite site and changed all my adzone settings to "off." That did not stop the audio ads either. I went back out and deleted my ad zones. That didn't stop the audio ads either. I had to completely cancel my account to get the audio ads to stop running. Apparently, once you provide them with your URL they send a streaming audio through that URL.

So..be warned..if you don't want pop-up ads or streaming audio on your websites...stay away from AdBrite. These things are very annoying and drive people away from your site rather than keep them!

0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

25% off beer stock! click here!

buy beer stocks

Frakkin BlogUpp

Frakkin' Plurk

Amazon Ferris Wheel of Kids Books

My Frakkin Blog Rank!

Frakkin Google Page Ranker?

PageRank

Top Blogs

My Frakkin Site Meter

ss_blog_claim=4b7963677726657b7e29dbbf2cb915fa